8.2.2 Detailed Design Procedure
For this design example HB configuration is used. the AC Line with cap-drop capacitor and the surge resistor is connected to AC- pin while the Neutral is connected to AC+ pin. The values for CS, RS, CSCIN, R1, and R2 are calculated as follows:
- CS value is selected from Table 2 to be 220 nF.
- RS value is calculated using Equation 3 to be 68 Ω.
- CSCIN value is calculated using Equation 5 to be 35 µF and rounded up to the next standard value of 47 µF.
- R1 is chosen to be 1 MΩ to minimize divider current from CSCIN while R2 value are calculated using Equation 1 and Equation 2 to be 105 kΩ.
- CSC1 is chosen to be 1.0 µF.
- CSC2 is chosen to be 1.0 µF.
- CLDO_IN is chosen to be 10 µF.
- CLDO_OUT is chosen to be 1.0 uF.
- R3 and R4 are chosen to be 100 kΩ each.