SimpleLink CC2640R2 SDK - Bluetooth® Low Energy
The SimpleLink SDKs are updated regularly, to get the latest release updates click Alert Me above.
The SimpleLink™ CC2640R2 Software Development Kit (SDK) includes the Texas Instruments royalty-free Bluetooth® Low Energy (BLE) software stacks for developing single-mode Bluetooth LE applications on the Arm® Cortex®-M3 based SimpleLink Bluetooth Low Energy CC2640R2F wireless MCU and automotive qualified SimpleLink Bluetooth Low Energy CC2640R2F-Q1 wireless MCU. These Bluetooth LE protocol stacks include all necessary software, example applications and documentation to quickly get started with the development of single-mode Bluetooth Low Energy applications. This SDK includes two Bluetooth qualified protocol stack components; one for developing with advanced Bluetooth 5 (BLE5-Stack) featured, and one for memory-optimized Bluetooth 5.1 applications (BLE-Stack), using features defined by the Bluetooth 4.2 specification. Both stacks support embedded and network processor configurations and are backwards compatible with previous Bluetooth 4.2 and earlier Bluetooth specifications. Refer to the SDK release notes for a detailed description of the features available in this SDK.
For an overview of TI’s Bluetooth Low Energy solutions, please visit http://www.ti.com/ble.
To quickly get started with the CC2640R2 SDK, TI recommends starting with SimpleLink Academy, an interactive set of training labs with theory and hands-on exercises to rapidly begin application development. The suggested starting point in SimpleLink Academy is the BLE Fundamentals lab, which uses the Project Zero example application on the CC2640R2 LaunchPad™ development kit to establish a link between CC2640R2F and a smartphone to perform tasks such as controlling LED states and monitoring for button press notifications over a Bluetooth LE connection.
- Bluetooth 5 protocol stack (BLE5-Stack) supporting 2 Mbps PHY, LE Coded PHYs, Advertising Extensions (AE), multiple advertisement sets, and Channel Hopping Algorithm v2 (CSA#2) for improved shared spectrum coexistence.
- Full support for all Bluetooth core specification 4.2 features: LE Secure Connections, LE Data Length Extension and LE Privacy 1.2 as well as Bluetooth 4.0 and 4.1 LE features.
- Real-time Localization Systems (RTLS) toolbox supporting time-of-flight (ToF) and angle of arrival (AoA) using the SimpleLink™ angle of arrival BoosterPack.
- Sample applications for all BLE device roles: Central, Peripheral, Broadcaster/Beacon and Observer.
- Additional applications supported with optional SimpleLink CC2640R2 BLE Example Pack: Glucose Sensor, HID Emulated Keyboard, Heart Rate and Voice Remote Control.
- Ability to operate without a 32-kHz crystal in peripheral and broadcaster configurations.
- Secure device firmware upgrades using TI’s Over-the-air Download (OAD) service and tools.
- Advanced topology including concurrent master/slave multi-role operation and support for multiple simultaneous connections.
- Voice-over-BLE support for voice to cloud applications using digital microphone driver.
- Standalone System-on-Chip (SoC) and network processor software configurations
- Ultra-low power advertisement and connected states for applications such as peripherals and beacons, including the popular Apple iBeacon® and Google Eddystone™ formats.
- Built on top of TI-RTOS framework and includes peripheral drivers and advanced power management libraries.
- Support for the CC2640R2 LaunchPad™ development kit with integrated XDS110 USB debugger.
- Wide range of example applications with certified profiles to reduce time to market.
- Bluetooth qualified design listings to reduce certification test time. See www.ti.com/ble-qualification for details.
- Supported in IAR Embedded Workbench for Arm, Code Composer Studio™ (CCS) and CCS Cloud™ integrated development environment (IDE) tool chains.
- Free code development option with CCS v9.