It is recommended to perform thermal simulations at the system level
with the worst case device power consumption.
These values are based on a JEDEC defined 2S2P system (with the exception of the Theta JC [RΘJC] value, which is based on a JEDEC defined 1S0P system) and will change based on environment as well as application. For more information, see these EIA/JEDEC standards:
- JESD51-2, Integrated Circuits Thermal Test Method Environment Conditions - Natural Convection (Still Air)
- JESD51-3, Low Effective Thermal Conductivity Test Board for Leaded Surface Mount Packages
- JESD51-6, Integrated Circuit Thermal Test Method Environmental Conditions - Forced Convection (Moving Air)
- JESD51-7, High Effective Thermal Conductivity Test Board for Leaded Surface Mount Packages
- JESD51-9, Test Boards for Area Array Surface Mount Packages
(2) m/s = meters per second.
(3) °C/W = degrees Celsius per watt.