184.108.40.206 Detailed Design Procedure
Design considerations are listed below:
- Place at least 120 µF of bypass capacitance close to the IN pins versus OUT as Type C is a cold socket connector.
- A <10-µF bypass capacitor is recommended placed near Type-C receptacle VBUS pin to handle load transients.
- Depending on the max current level advertisement supported by the Type-C port in the system, set CHG levels accordingly.
- EN and CHG pins can be tied directly to GND or IN without a pull-up resistor.
- CHG can also be dynamically controlled by a µC to change the current advertisement level to the sink.
- When an open drain output of the TPS25820 is not used, it can be left as NC or tied to GND or when used, pulled up to IN supply via a 100-kΩ resistor.
- Connect a 0.5% 100-kΩ resistor between the REF and GND pins placing it close to the device pin and isolated from switching noise on the board.