Start your design with the fully programmable FCC, IC/ISED, ETSI/CE, MIC, and SRRC certified wireless microcontroller (MCU) module with built-in dual-band Wi-Fi connectivity. The modules integrate the 40-MHz crystal, 32.768-kHz RTC clock, 32Mb SPI serial flash, RF filters, diplexer, and passive components.
The SimpleLink™ CC3235MODx module is available in two variants:
- CC3235MODS includes 256KB of RAM, IoT networking security, device identity and keys, and MCU-level security features such as file system encryption, user IP (MCU image) encryption, secure boot, and debug security.
- CC3235MODSF builds on the CC3235MODS and integrates a user-dedicated 1MB of executable flash in addition to the 256KB of RAM.
The SimpleLink™ CC3235MODAx module is available in two variants:
- CC3235MODAS includes 256KB of RAM, IoT networking security, device identity and keys, and MCU-level security features such as file system encryption, user IP (MCU image) encryption, secure boot, and debug security.
- CC3235MODASF builds on the CC3235MODAS and integrates a user-dedicated 1MB of executable flash in addition to the 256KB of RAM.
Created for IoT, the SimpleLink™ Wi-Fi® CC3235MODx and CC3235MODAx module family from Texas Instruments is a wireless module that integrates two physically separated on-chip MCUs.
- Application processor—Arm® Cortex®-M4 MCU with a user-dedicated 256KB of RAM and an optional 1MB of executable flash.
- Network processor to run all Wi-Fi and Internet logical layers. This ROM-based subsystem completely offloads the host MCU and includes an 802.11 a/b/g/n dual-band 2.4-GHz and 5-GHz radio, baseband, and MAC with a powerful hardware cryptography engine.
This generation introduces new capabilities that further simplify the connectivity of things to the Internet. The main new features include:
- 802.11a/b/g/n: 2.4-GHz and 5-GHz support
- 2.4-GHz coexistence with Bluetooth® low energy radio
- Antenna diversity
- Enhanced security with FIPS 140-2 Level 1 validated IC inside: certification.
- More concurrent secure sockets (up to 16)
- Certificate signing request (CSR)
- Online certificate status protocol (OCSP)
- Wi-Fi Alliance® certified for IoT applications with low-power capabilities and more
- Hostless mode for offloading template packet transmissions
- Improved fast scan
The CC3235MODx and CC3235MODAx device family is part of the SimpleLink MCU platform—a common, easy-to-use development environment based on a single-core software development kit (SDK) with a rich tool set and reference designs. The E2E™ support forums support Wi-Fi, Bluetooth low energy, Sub-1 GHz, and host MCUs. For more information, visit www.ti.com/simplelink or www.ti.com/simplelinkwifi.