|Package | PIN:||PWP | 24|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Qualified for automotive applications
- AEC-Q100 qualified with the following results:
- Device temperature grade 1: –40°C to 125°C ambient operatingtemperature
- 4, 6, 8, 10 and 12 Half-bridge outputs
- 4.5-V to 32-V Operating voltage
- 40-V Absolute maximum voltage
- 1.0-A RMS current output per half-bridge
- 3-A Maximum current for all outputs
- Low-power sleep mode (1.5-µA)
- VM and VDD sleep mode current < 1.5-µA @ VVM =13.5-V, VDD = 3.3-V, TA = 25°C
- Supports 3.3-V and 5-V logic inputs
- Supports internal PWM generation
- Individual half-bridge PWM operation
- Supports 4-PWMgenerators with 4-PWM frequency options
- Supports 8-bit duty cycleresolution
- SPI for configurability and diagnostics
- 5-MHz, 16-Bit SPI communication
- SPI With daisy chainfunctionality
- Integrated protection features with per channel detailed diagnostics on SPI
- nFAULT Pin output
- VM undervoltage lockout(UVLO)
- VM overvoltage protection (OVP)
- Logic supply poweron reset (POR)
- Over current protection (OCP)
- Enhanced openload detection (OLD)
- Thermal warning and shutdown (OTW/OTSD)
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments PDRV8912QPWPRQ1
The DRV89xx-Q1 is a pin-to-pin compatible family of integrated multi-channel half-bridgedrivers with 4 to 12 half-bridges, primarily targeted for automotive applications such as controlof air-conditioning (HVAC) flap DC motor. Alternatively, this device also finds relevance inautomotive-body applications such as side-mirrors and LEDs.
Each of the high-side and low-side drivers can drive rms currents up to 1-A. The devicecan drive the brushed-DC (BDC) motors or stepper motors in independent, sequential, or parallelmode. The half-bridges are fully controllable to achieve a forward, reverse, coasting and brakingoperation of motor. With its wide voltage range, the device can support high fluctuation in batteryvoltage because of crank-start and load dump conditions.
A standard 16-bit, 5-MHz serial peripheral interface (SPI) with daisy chain capabilityprovides a simple method for configuring the various device settings and reading fault diagnosticinformation through an external controller. Internal PWM generators are also supported, whichallows current limiting during motor operation and can be used for the dimming control of LEDs. Thedevice has four PWM generators which are programmable for four different PWM frequencies andindividual 8-bit duty control. Any half-bridge can be mapped to any internal PWM generator forrealizing a parallel operation.
The device supports numerous protection and diagnostic features. Open load detection(OLD) feature allows an easy monitoring of the load connected to the half-bridge. The device isfully-protected from short-circuit conditions (short to OUTx, short to supply and short to ground)with OCP protection. Moreover, OTW and OTSD ensures the device thermal protection in scenario ofover-heating.