|Package | PIN:||DDA | 8|
|Temp:||S (-40 to 150)|
- AEC-Q100 Qualified for Automotive Applications
- Device Temperature Grade 1: –40°C to 125°C,Ambient Temperature Range
- Designed for Reliable and Rugged Applications
- Wide Input Voltage Range of 6 V to 100 V
- JunctionTemperature Range: –40°C to 150°C
- Fixed 3-ms Internal Soft-StartTimer
- Peak and Valley Current Limit Protection
- Input UVLOand Thermal Shutdown Protection
- Suited for Scalable Automotive Power Supplies
- Low Minimum On- andOff-Times of 50 ns
- Adjustable Switching Frequency up to 1MHz
- Diode Emulation for High Light-Load Efficiency
- 10-µANo-Load Input Quiescent Current
- 3-µA Shutdown QuiescentCurrent
- Optimized for CISPR 25 EMIStandard
- Integration Reduces Solution Size and Cost
- COT Mode Control Architecture
- Integrated 0.7-Ω NFETBuck Switch Supports Wide Duty-Cycle Range
- Integrated 0.3-Ω NFET SynchronousRectifier Eliminates External Schottky Diode
- 1.2-V ±1% Internal VoltageReference
- No Loop Compensation Components
- Internal VCC BiasRegulator and Boot Diode
- Create a Custom Design Using WEBENCH® Power Designer
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments PLM5164QDDATQ1
The LM5164-Q1synchronous buck converter is designed to regulate over a wide input voltage range, minimizing theneed for external surge suppression components. A minimum controllable on-time of 50 ns facilitateslarge step-down conversion ratios, enabling the direct step-down from a 48 V nominal input tolow-voltage rails for reduced system complexity and solution cost. The LM5164-Q1 operates during input voltagedips as low as 6 V, at nearly 100% duty cycle if needed, making it an excellent choicefor high-performance 48 V battery automotive applicationsand Mild Hybrid HEV/EV systems.
With integrated high-side and low-side power MOSFETs, the LM5164-Q1 delivers up to 1 A of outputcurrent. A constant on-time (COT) control architecture provides nearly constant switching frequencywith excellent load and line transient response. Additional features of the LM5164-Q1 include ultra-lowIQ and diode emulation mode operation for high light-load efficiency,innovative peak and valley overcurrent protection, integrated VCC bias supply and bootstrap diode,precision enable and input UVLO, and thermal shutdown protection with automatic recovery. Anopen-drain PGOOD indicator provides sequencing, fault reporting, and output voltagemonitoring.
The LM5164-Q1 is qualified to automotive AEC-Q100 grade 1 and isavailable in a 8-pin SO PowerPAD™ package. Its1.27-mm pin pitch provides adequate spacing for high-voltage applications.