The precision signal injector (PSI) is a platform for evaluating the performance of successive-approximation register (SAR) analog-to-digital converters (ADCs). The board provides a low-distortion, low-noise, 2-kHz input signal for driving the input of the ADC, and pairs with most of the TI SAR ADC evaluation modules (EVMs). The board is powered over a USB, which also provides a user-interface connection to a PC.
- PSI software GUI has graphical tool for controlling amplitude, frequency, and offset of AC signal
- Onboard filter for generating very-low distortion, low-noise, 2-kHz signal
- Jumper-selectable options for filtering and offset-/common-mode voltage
- Single-ended or true differential-signal output options
- Powered over single USB cable