The TIDA-00403 reference design uses off-the-shelf EVMs for ultrasonic distance measurement solutions using algorithms within the TLV320AIC3268 miniDSP. In conjunction with TI’s PurePath Studio design suite, a robust and user configurable ultrasonic distance measurement system can be designed with the click of a mouse. The ultrasonic burst generation characteristics as well as detection algorithms can be user modified to fit specific use cases in industrial and measurement applications allowing users to overcome the limitations of other fixed function sensors while simultaneously increasing reliability of the measurements. Two GPIOs on the TLV320AIC3268 are automatically triggered indicating a transmitted and received ultrasonic burst. With a host MCU monitoring these GPIOs, the time of flight can be extracted.
- Prototyping using off-the-shelf EVMs with host computer for low cost evaluation and design
- miniDSP with Pure Path Studio for high level of flexibility and fast time to market
- 40KHz ultrasonic generation at 96KHz Fs Sample Rate; 192KHz Fs available for higher ultrasonic frequencies
- Detection path inducing Chebychev filter and peak detector eliminates false triggering due to background noise
- Automatic GPIO triggering for Time of Flight (TOF) calculation with host MCU
- Includes a getting started/design guide and tested Pure Path Studio Process flow example for getting started