The TIDA-00448 reference design is an isolated IGBT gate driver with bipolar gate voltages intended for driving high power IGBT’s requiring high peak gate current up to 40 A. TI’s NexFET power blocks which scales in this range, with same package, enables single design to be used for multiple drive platforms with different power ratings. A Digital isolator is used to achieve reinforced isolation with transient surge rating of 8kV and 50kV CMTI. The design incorporates DESAT protection using a fast transient response comparator. The DESAT detection threshold and the soft turn-off time are configurable. The design can interface with PWMs from 3.3 V and 5 V MCUs along with fault, reset and UVLO feedbacks.
- Designed for Low Voltage Drives with Input Supply up to 600 Vac
- Designed for Medium Power IGBT Modules with Rated Current up to 1000 A and Qg up to 10 uC
- Bipolar (+15 V and -8 V) Gate Drive Voltages
- Common MOSFET Footprint Enables to Choose Parts with 25 A, 32 A and 40A Rating for Flexible Source and Sink Currents
- Programmable DESAT and Soft Shutdown Feature
- 8 kV Reinforced Isolation and CMTI Greater than 50 kV/us