This reference design showcases a method to generate power supplies required in a servo or AC drive including the analog and digtal I/O interfaces, encoder supply, isolated transceivers and digital processing block. This design also implements protection against input reverse polarity, output overload and short circuit conditions.
- Powered from an external protective extra-low voltage (PELV) power supply of 24 V ±20%
- Industrial eFuse at supply input providing programmable UV/OV, reverse polarity protection, output overload and SC protection
- Synchronous buck DC/DC converter with integrated switch optimized for >90% efficiency and compact size
- PSR flyback with integarted switch to generate isolated voltage rails for communication and digital I/Os
- Programmable voltage output to support multiple encoder types
- Output voltage rails: 24 VISO, 5 VISO, ±12 V, 5 V, 3.3 V, 2.5 V, 1.2 V with load and line regulation of <±1%