This reference design demonstrates a motor control solution for spinning three-phase brushless DC (BLDC) and brushless AC (BLAC) - often referred to as permanent magnet synchronous (PMSM) - motors featuring the C2000™ Piccolo™ microcontroller and the DRV8301 three-phase motor driver. It provides three half bridge drivers, each capable of driving two N-type MOSFETs, one for the high-side and one for the low side. It supports up to 2.3A sink and 1.7A source peak current capability and only needs a single power supply with a wide range from 6V to 60V. The reference design features a high-performance, power-efficient, cost-effective platform that speeds development for quicker time to market. Applications include CPAP and pumps, e-bikes, e-scooters, medical pumps and drills, power tools, and robotics. This is a high performance, power-efficient, cost-effective sensorless field - oriented control (FOC) and sensored/sensorless trapezoidal commutation platform that speeds development for quicker time to market. This reference design is based on the DRV8301 evaluation kit.
NOTE: Software for this board can be found inside the controlSUITE™ software package. Download controlSUITE at ti.com/controlsuite. Once installed, navigate to "DRV830x-HC-Kit High Current 3PH BLDC/PMSM" under the Development Tools -> Motor.
- Operating supply voltage 6V–60V
- 2.3A sink and 1.7A source gate drive current capability
- Integrated dual shunt current amplifiers with adjustable gain and offset
- Integrated buck converter to support up to 1.5A external load
- Isolated SPI and CAN interfaces
- Fully-functional evaluation board includes software, hardware design files, quick start graphical interface, and step-by-step documentation