The NLCP package contains the install package, pre-compiled object and source of the TI Linux Open-Source Wi-Fi image to easily upgrade the default LINUX EZSDK release with the TI WiLink™ family NLCP Wi-Fi driver. The software is built with Linaro GCC 4.7 and can be added to Linux SDKs that use similar toolchain on other platforms.
The Sigma package provides the required APIs for WL8 code to support automated Sigma certification testing.
The WAPI package provides the WPA Supplicant patch to support WAPI security protocol.
For licensing information, release notes and profiles supported, please download the package.>
Software block overview:
- NLCP WLAN –Software components
- MAC Driver
- Implements layer 2 Wi-Fi protocol requirements (data and control path).
- Generic component, not platform/device specific.
- WiLink™ Driver
- Abstracts the WiLink™ Device.
- Implements low level operations required to support the MAC driver.
- Hostap package:
- Open-source user-space package (BSD license).
- Provides the upper-management layers for all WLAN roles (STA, AP, P2P).
- Generates 2 daemons: wpa_supplicant (STA & P2P), and hostapd (AP).
- Provide initialization and configuration services.
- Implement debug and statistics capabilities.
- Central Regulatory Domain Agent, required for communication between the kernel and user-space for compliance with regulatory restrictions world wide.
Click on the picture above to enlarge image.
- nl80211: Implements a netlink interface between user-space and kernel space components of the Linux Wireless solution.
- cfg80211: The Linux wireless configuration API. (This is the lowest layer that is common for both soft-MAC and hard-MAC).
- mac80211: The Linux kernel module implementing MAC-layer functions for WiFi Soft-MAC solution.
- wlcore: Implements the low level driver for WiLink™ devices, supporting mac80211 operations. Contains the common functions for all supported WiLink™ chipsets.
- wl18xx/wl12xx: Implement chip specific functions and services. Supports the wlcore by implementing HW-specific functions.
- wlcore_sdio: Adaptation layer between the SDIO driver and the WiLink™ driver.