This refernce design demonstrates best practices for integrating both single axis motor control and power factor correction (PFC) into a single microcontroller. This practice is popular when designing variable frequency compressors, particularly for HVAC systems. This implementation is optimized to perform using a sensorless Field Oriented Control (FOC) algorithm to drive a permanent magnet synchronous motor (PMSM) and two phase interleaved PFC on the TMS320F2805x microcontroller. The FOC algorithm maintains efficiency in a wide range of speeds and takes into consideration torque changes with transient phases by processing a dynamic model of the motor.
- Includes reference circuit for a 3-Phase inverter stage, up to 350V DC input voltage and 1KW maximum load for both sensored and sensorless control of ACI, PMSM or BLDC motors
- Includes a power factor correction stage rated for 600W that can operate up to 96% efficiency
- Includes an AC rectifier stage rated for 600W that can generate the DC Bus voltage or provide the input for the PFC stage present on the board
- Integrated communication with the kit over CAN or UART
- Four analog pins available to obsrve the system variables on an oscilloscope for debug
- Includes overcurrent protection and PWM trip zone protection for IPM faults