Connect any microcontroller (MCU) to the Internet of Things (IoT) with the CC3135 device, a dual-band wireless network processor from Texas Instruments™. The CC3135 Wi-Fi® Internet-on-a chip™ device contains an Arm® Cortex®-M3 MCU dedicated to Wi-Fi® and internet protocols, in order to offload networking activities from the host MCU. The subsystem includes a dual-band 802.11a/b/g/n radio, baseband, and MAC with a powerful crypto engine for fast, secure Internet connections with 256-bit encryption and a built in power management for best in class low power performance.
The Wi-Fi CERTIFIED® CC3135 device dramatically simplifies the implementation of low-power, with the integrated Wi-Fi Alliance® IoT low power feature.
This generation introduces new capabilities that further simplify the connectivity of things to the Internet. The main new features include:
- 802.11a (5 GHz) support
- BLE/2.4 GHz radio coexistence
- Antenna selection
- Enhanced security with FIPS 140-2 Level 1 certification and more. For exact status of FIPS certification for a specific part number, please refer to https://csrc.nist.gov/publications/fips.
- Up to 16 concurrent secure sockets
- Certificate sign request (CSR)
- Online certificate status protocol (OCSP)
- Wi-Fi Alliance® certified for IoT applications with low-power capabilities and more
- Hostless mode for offloading template packet transmissions
- Improved fast scan
The CC3135 device is delivered with a slim and user-friendly host driver to simplify the integration and development of networking applications. The host driver can easily be ported to most platforms and operating systems (OS). The driver has a small memory footprint and can run on 8-bit, 16-bit, or 32-bit microcontrollers with any clock speed (no performance or real-time dependency).
The CC3135 device is part of the SimpleLink™ MCU platform, a common, easy-to-use development environment based on a single core software development kit (SDK), rich tool set, reference designs and E2E™ community which supports Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth® low energy, Sub-1 GHz and host MCUs. For more information, visit www.ti.com/simplelink.